Wednesday, March 25, 2015
Yesterday I emailed about 3 potential judges from Texas A&M who worked in wildlife and fisheries. One replied today, saying he was busy next month and unavailable. He directed me to one of his former Ph.D students who works at a different campus. I also collected more facts for the Instagram page. I'll probably post my huge backlog tomorrow.
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Today the computers still had issues, so I wasn't able to get much done. I continued my search for judges and watched the video in a nearly-complete form. There were issues in the volume modulation and the picture looked choppy. Perhaps I have to record new film? This video needs to be complete soon and judges lined up, so I can actually present this project.
Monday, March 16, 2015
Today I tried to edit the video at school, but my software was outdated and the computers were having trouble logging in, so I couldn't really do anything about it at school. I'll have to wait until I get home to make more edits. Instead, I posted more pictures to More Than Swimming Drones's Instagram page. I need to find ways to advertise it so more people see the page. The kuhli loaches themselves probably won't breed by the time of the presentation, so that will be mentioned as the result of my effort to breed them in a limited timeframe like this. Work also started (emphasis on started) on the document that will make up my final paper, presentation, and second video. It will be my sole focus once I finish the first video.
Sunday, March 15, 2015
Yesterday I contacted two potential judges: Dr. Melanie Stiassny and Dr. Luis Rocha. They are both expert ichthyologists with years of experience in the field. If both people agree on becoming my judges, I'll have a full panel ready on April. I also did more work on the kuhli loach film and will finish it at school. Now is the time to prepare the final presentation.
Thursday, March 12, 2015
Today I recorded the kuhli loach script and put it with some recorded video. It's roughly three and three-quarters of a minute long. I will add transitions and increase the visual appeal next. All fish now respond to the orange square stimulus positively. After next week, I will use color as a stimulus. The loaches have slightly more girth but no behavior I'd call a precursor to spawning.