Monday, December 8, 2014

   Since I had to move it into a new tank this weekend, I am removing the convict cichlid from the experiment, as it is still trying to find a niche within its surroundings. As of now, leaving its cave makes it get attacked by the two oscars it lives with, so it will associate the stimulus with fear and not give a response.The other two fish still notice the orange square, but don't behave like they associate the stimulus with food consistently.  Because of factors such as availability, price, and rarity of spawning, I am most likely to attempt to breed black kuhli loaches (Pangio oblongus) in the spare tank. Like with the attempt to get fish to respond to certain stimuli, I will make note of my observations in my thesis spiral. I also started my term paper for this class, due on the 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment