Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Uhh.. I can't think of anything witty.

Today I revised my survey questions according to the suggestions of my former statistics teacher. She said I should give answer choices ranging from strong agreement to strong disagreement ( the Likert Scale) and reduce the bias on some of the questions. I also wrote out what goals I have for each facet of this yet-unnamed, proposed advocacy/conservation group.
Advertising: Encourage the masses who'd normally overlook freshwater fish to care enough to keep them, breed them, and make donations.
Donations: Money comes from group members and fundraising events, which I need to research and brainstorm. Will go to breeding, husbandry, and reintroduction.
Networking: Possibly a hybrid of internet forum/ major social media site. Hopefully informal and inviting. I can't program, so I'm left with proposing an outline. Maybe I'll try to host a couple of brick and mortar meetings, to see how things would go.
Breeding/Research: Members of group will breed fish depending on skill level. Offspring would go to pet stores, other members, and to their natural habitat, if possible. Laymen's observations and findings will be shared with group members via forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment