Tuesday, November 11, 2014

    Today I looked again at the C.A.R.E.S. website. Its main purpose is to "create a base stock of conservation priority species through encouraging hobbyists worldwide to devote tank space to one or more species at risk and distribute offspring to fellow qualified hobbyists, while forming an information network between aquarists, scientists, and conservationists." Again, this is similar to what I want to do with Koi Polloi. To differentiate myself, I will be more donation-based, but it's unclear where I'm going to put the money. Also, I want to breed fish that aren't common in the hobby,as well as the fish relatively common in captivity but threatened in the wild, and get them distributed through Koi Polloi. Perhaps I will start with something tangible and breed native bait shiners.Prove they make suitable, interesting pets, and then go from there in doing fundraisers to keep trash out of their home range.

No comments:

Post a Comment